Friday, 7 February 2014

Aromatherapy Associates Bath & Shower Oils...


'Aromatherapy Associates have been the leading experts within aromatherapy for over 30 years. Our experience has shown that essential oils are extremely effective at enhancing the state of our physical, mental and emotional wellbeing.'

























I once studied aromatherapy at college, and while I do believe that they can improve your state of mind, I'm not entirely convinced that the have many physical benefits. For me It is more that the smell of the essential oils make me feel relaxed, calm, happy etc...

I am one of those people that only really likes to have baths to relax (don't worry I do shower aswell...I promise) so when I saw the AA 'Festive Collection' on sale after christmas I thought I would give it a try as so many people rave about these oils!

Originally the set retailed at £35 but I managed to get it at half price! Forever the bargin hunter!
It comes with 10 different 3ml vials of essential oil blends, so it is a perfect way to try out all the different blends!


Relax Deep Bath and Shower Oil contains Vetivert, Camomile and Sandalwood.

Relax Light Bath and Shower Oil contains Lavender, Ylang Ylang and Petitgrain.

De-Stress Mind Bath and Shower Oil contains Frankincense, Petitgrain, Wild Camomile and Rosemary.

De-Stress Muscle Bath and Shower Oil contains Rosemary, Black Pepper, Lavender and Ginger.

Revive Morning Bath and Shower Oil contains Grapefruit, Rosemary and Juniper.

Revive Evening Bath and Shower Oil contains Geranium, Ylang Ylang, Patchouli and Sandalwood.

Support Breathe Bath and Shower Oil contains Eucalyptus, Pine, Tea Tree and Peppermint.

Support Lavender & Peppermint Bath and Shower Oil contains Lavender and Peppermint.

Support Equilibrium Bath and Shower Oil contains Geranium, Rose and Frankincense.

Inner Strength Bath and Shower Oil contains Clary Sage, Frankincense and Cardamom.



So far I have only used a few of the oils so I won't give an individual review of each, but I have liked all the ones I have used. 
AA say that you should use one 3ml vial per bath, but I've found that half of the bottle is enough if you just want a subtle scent rather than the full 'wack', also some of the blends have stronger scents than others, such as Relax Deep, which I think would be quite overpowering if you were to use too much. The vials may look small but they certainly pack a punch!

For me, no matter what the combination of oils, they all generally have the same calming/ relaxing effect. I can't say that this will be the same for everybody but I would definitely recommend them to people who are under a lot of stress or suffer from anxiety etc... or anyone that just wants a carefree 30 minutes to clear their mind. 

I know some of you are thinking it all sounds a bit far fetched but sometimes when you are feeling sad or negative it's nice to treat yourself to something a little bit luxury, that is just for you, a little bit of 'me time', everyone deserves that at least once in a while! And these oils definitely make for a relaxing bath time!

The box also says that you can use them before you shower, just massage onto your skin and rinse off, but I personally think that, for the price, I would want to get more of a use out of them by having a nice long relaxing bath, rather than it just washing down the drain after a few minutes. But each to their own I guess!

Anyway, I believe you can still buy the 'Festive Collection' online from Bath and Unwind but they also do other taster sets that I presume will be equally lovely! And they are great for gifts too!





A x 


0 comments:

Post a Comment