Monday, 10 February 2014

I'm going to THAILAND!!


In less than 4 weeks I will be jetting off to Thailand for a whole month...

Since booking the trip last summer quite a few people have been asking me questions about it, mainly relating to costs and what I am taking etc, obviously I will know a whole lot more AFTER I've actually been, but at the moment I am pretty much a complete novice on the whole backpacking way of travel!

So, I thought I would put together a series of posts about my thoughts/knowledge before and after travel, In the hope that I can gain more information/ tips from you guys before I go (big thanks to the people who have already given me advice) and then share with you some of my experiences/ knowledge when I return!


I've always like the idea of travel blogging as I think it is a great way to look back at all your thoughts and feelings before and after travelling, as over time I guess there are things that you forget. It will be like a little diary for me and hopefully it can also help others who are thinking about planning similar trips... 


I've been addicted to travel blogs these past few weeks, as being a knowledge junkie I love to know as much as possible about places before I go, some people may think that it spoils the surprise, but for me it just helps me feel more at ease having a rough idea of what I can expect!


Now, I'm really not a spur of the moment kind of girl, I really wish that I was, but the reality is that I like to plan most things... So, I must admit this will be a bit of a first for me arriving in a country with a good portion of my accommodation and travel still uncertain. However, I do have a good idea of where I will be going...
































For the most part of the trip I will be travelling with friends, on arrival in Bangkok we plan to travel down to Koh Samui and spend around 11 days in the south, island hopping, we will then fly back up to Bangkok to spend a few days there before two of my friends return home. Following this I plan to make my way up to Chiang Mai to explore what northern Thailand has to offer, then I am hoping to fly to Vietnam (Hanoi) to spend my last week there before returning home. 


I hope some people will find this useful, as I know not everyone, including myself, will be daring enough to leave everything and travel the world for a year or more (as much as I would love to), so I am hoping this will be a nice compromise... for now!





A x



0 comments:

Post a Comment