Thursday, 6 February 2014

Jo Malone English Pear and Freesia Cologne...


Jo Malone fragrances have been on my wish list for a while now, but with the hefty price tag of £78 for 100ml I've always shrugged off the temptation by asking myself if I really NEED one?!

So when I received a generous £50 voucher for Harvey Nics, I knew exactly what I wanted to spend it on...
After meticulously sampling every single fragrance Jo Malone had to offer there was a clear front runner for me, English Pear and Freesia!

It is described as...
'The essence of autumn. The sensuous freshness of just-ripe pears is wrapped in a bouquet of white freesias, and mellowed by amber, patchouli and woods. A luscious and golden scent'




























It's what I would say is the perfect combination of fruity and floral, initially you get a burst of the deliciously sweet pear, which dies down into a sophisticated light floral, but slightly musky, scent.

At this moment in time I would go as far as saying it's one of my all time favourite scents!
I don't quite know what it is about Jo Malone fragrances but they just make me feel so 'grown up' (for want of a better word) and every time I spritz it I feel... empowered?!
Ok so maybe that's a tad OTT, it is only a perfume after all, but it definitely makes for a positive start to the day!

Another thing I loved was the service at Jo Malone, It is definitely a premium experience, my chosen fragrance was carefully wrapped in tissue paper an put into a pretty bag and sealed with a ribbon. On top of this the counter assistant gave me a few samples of the Earl Grey and Cucumber Cologne, to layer with the one that I chose..... You definitely don't get that treatment at any old perfume shop!

I can see how for some people Jo Malone becomes an obsession, it seems that once you get a taste there is no going back! The runners up, and possible future purchases for me, were Nectarine Blossom and Honey (is it obvious that I like fruity/floral scents?!) and Earl Grey and Cucumber which is a very unusual scent but very beautiful all the same!

Now, I know £78 seems steep but 100ml is a generous size and I do believe the fragrances are very unique, so I would definitely consider buying another in the future! They do also do a smaller 30ml size which is a more affordable price at £39.

I apologise in advance for encouraging addiction,

Until the next time....


























A x


0 comments:

Post a Comment